How old is the building?
The main part of the building was built in 1876 and was the second public structure built in Pleasanton. You will enjoy the architecture and atmosphere produced by this American landmark building.
What is a “Baptist?”
This church is a Baptist church by conviction and principle, not by affiliation. This means that we believe the basic Bible teachings for which Baptists have historically stood.
A simple acrostic will help you understand the basis for our beliefs:
- B – Bible is our sole authority for all matters of faith and practice.
- A – Autonomy of the local church. (Should be self-governing.)
- P – Priesthood of the believer. An individual does not need a priest, other than Jesus Christ, to come boldly to God. Every Christian has equal access to God personally.
- T– Two ordinances for the church—baptism and the Lord’s table.
- I – Individual soul liberty. Each person is individually responsible for his decision to accept Christ.
- S – Separation of church and state is biblical.
- T – Two biblical offices in the church—pastors and deacons.
- S – Security of the believer. The believer is eternally secure and cannot lose salvation.
What does it mean to be an independent church?
As an independent Baptist church, we are not affiliated with any particular Baptist denomination or ruling body. Because of this we can support our own missionaries, select our own leaders, and support institutions that believe as we believe.
In short, our church answers to the headship of Jesus Christ rather than a denominational body. There are currently more than 10,000 independent Baptist churches in America and thousands more throughout the world.
What is required for membership?
To be a member of Lighthouse Baptist Church you must first be saved and baptized in a Baptist church of like-faith. Pastor Bryson will schedule an appointment with you to get to know you and answer any questions you may have about the Lighthouse Baptist Church ministry.
What is a statement of faith?
The Lighthouse Baptist Church Statement of Faith details the exact beliefs that we as a church follow. Feel free to contact Pastor Bryson with any questions you may have regarding our statement of faith.